Samsung launched the Galaxy S8 in March of this year. The S8 has a screen size of 5.8” with a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels and 570 PPI. The screen is Super AMOLED, and the default resolution is Full-HD+. Powered by a 1.9 GHz, octa-core Samsung Exynos processor, the device comes with a whopping 4GB Ram. The internal memory is 64GB. However, you can extend it up to 256GB with an external microSD card.
It flaunts a 12Mp rear camera and an 8 Mp front-facing camera. It runs on a 3000mAh non-removable battery and supports Android 7.0 (Nougat).
• Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm
• Weight: 155 gm
The connectivity options include Wi-Fi, 3G/4G (GSM), Bluetooth, GPS, and NFC. The device has an accelerometer, Pressure Sensor, Gyroscope, Barometer, Iris Sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Hall Sensor, HR sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Compass Magnetometer and Proximity Sensor. The physical buttons include on/off key, volume key and Bixby key.
• Exceptional Design with the Infinity Display
The edge-to-edge screen with a barely-there bezel offers one of the most stunning looking displays on a Smartphone ever. Though the screen size is a regular 5.8” display, the absence of the bezel makes it look bigger, thereby offering an immersive experience.
• A great Selfie Camera
The 8Mp front-facing camera with a f/1.7 lens offers you blur-free, stunning selfies. Several additional features like autofocus, Instagram like filters, wide selfies make the front camera a huge win for selfie lovers.
• Wider Security Options
Samsung Galaxy S8 takes security pretty seriously. You have an array of options like Iris Scan, Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scan, Password, Pattern, and Pin. You can choose whichever mode you’re comfortable with and take no chances with security.
• The World’s First 10nm AP
The 10nm processor ensures that apps run faster and use 20% lesser power than predecessors. Downloads, switching from one app to another or charging, everything happens at an incredibly rapid pace.
• Fast Face Scanning
Samsung Galaxy S8 sports a super-fast face scanner that recognises your facial features in a jiffy. No more having to key in a passcode or use your fingerprint to unlock your device. Just look at it to access it quickly.
• Invisible Home Button
Samsung had to do away with the physical home button to craft its stunning edge-to-edge infinity display. Instead of eliminating the home button entirely, the S8 has a special sensor beneath the display. When you press on it, it gives a subtle vibration that feels just like you’re pushing a regular home button.
• Create a Workstation Instantly with DeX
Convert your S8 into a fully-fledged mobile workstation with the help of DeX (Desktop Experience). You can connect a wireless keyboard, mouse and a display to the DeX station and use it just like a regular desktop.
• Say Hello to Bixby, Samsung’s Intelligent Personal Assistant
Bixby redefines the way you interact with your device. It’s a personal assistant from Samsung that’s highly intelligent and senses your needs and helps you accomplish your tasks with ease.
• Wireless Charging
Put an end to messy wires with the stunning charging disc from Samsung. Just place your phone on it, and your device gets charged quickly. It holds your phone in landscape or portrait mode, thereby helping you get your work done while charging.
Pros: Why you’ll fall in love with the Samsung Galaxy S8
• The infinity screen offers the most immersive experience ever
• The phone is quite comfortable to hold and is easy to operate one-handed
• Powerful processor that runs even heavy tasks seamlessly
• Stellar camera that captures images with a DSLR like quality
• The OLED screen displays crisp images that are stunning
Cons: Why you’ll feel a tad disappointed
• Average battery life, especially when you run intense features and use the display at its highest settings
• The fingerprint sensor is located at the back, making it difficult to reach quickly
• There are several default apps that you can’t uninstall, even if you don’t use them
• It’s available only in 64GB, thereby limiting the internal memory space available
• The Dual sim works only when you sacrifice using a MicroSD card