Motorola Moto G5S Specifications
Motorola Moto G5 came into the Indian market in early 2017. However, this budget phone went dud in the phone arena and did not get many takers. The reason was the various shortcomings that it had.
Not to be deterred by the lukewarm response, the manufacturers corrected all the mistakes and launched Motorola Moto G5S in August 2017. This smartphone is undoubtedly a significant improvement over its predecessor and boasts of some impressive features.
The new Moto G5S is an improved version of Moto G5. The predecessor lacked some very distinctive features which this new smartphone boasts of. These features are what makes it a perfect pick.
• A Larger Screen: Moto G5 had a 5-inch screen. With Moto G5S the manufacturers have increased the screen size to 5.2 inches.
• Metal Body: The preceding model was an amalgamation of aluminium and plastic. Metal unibody has replaced this in Moto G5S which is the latest trend. This gives the smartphone a premium look.
• Improved Cameras: The 13MP rear camera of Moto G5 has given way to the more powerful 16MP camera in Moto G5S.
• Turbo Charging: Motorola Moto G5S supports turbocharging option which Moto G5 did not support.
• Build: The Motorola Moto G5S weighs about 157 grams. It measures 15 by 0.8 by 7.4 cm. The back cover has a matte finish. The curved edges and rounded corners give the device a trendy appeal.
• Display: The 5.2-inch display screen works on IPS LCD technology and ensures better viewing angles. It offers a resolution of 1920 X 1020 pixels. This makes it a Full HD screen. The display screen is protected with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3.
• Camera: The 16MP rear camera has f/2.0 aperture. Coupled with a LED flash, it offers 8X zoom for clicking pictures and 4X zoom while shooting videos. HD videos with a resolution of 1080p can be shot using the primary camera. It also offers the option of shooting slow motion videos. The 5MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture is a perfect choice for selfie lovers. It has an integrated LED flash. It also offers other features like beautification mode and professional mode.
• Processor and Operating System: The Motorola Moto G5S works on Android Nougat version v7.1.1. Powered by a 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor, this smartphone makes it a good choice for multitasking and playing graphics-rich games.
• Storage and RAM: This smartphone works on a 4GB RAM. It has a 32GB internal memory. This can be expanded to a maximum of 128GB using a MicroSD card.
• Connectivity: Motorola Moto G5S supports both 4G and 3G networks. It also supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n function. It can be turned into a Wi-Fi hotspot. The smartphone can be connected to other devices using Bluetooth 4.20 version. It also has a micro USB port for quick transferring of files.
• Battery: The Motorola Moto G5S works on a 3000mAH Li-Ion battery. This is a non-removable battery.
Other Important Features
Motorola has worked quite hard to overcome the shortcomings that were apparent in Moto G5. Thus, Moto G5S has some distinct features which make it a device that offers value for money. The other important specifications include Dual SIM, fingerprint sensor, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and OTG technology support. When it comes to media options, it offers a video player and a music player. The smartphone supports FM Radio.
Pros and Cons
Pros – What to Look Forward to
• Compact and lightweight, this smartphone is easy to hold and carry around.
• It offers a seamless, smooth performance.
• Fast charging option saves time.
• Stock Android software offers a user-friendly interface.
• The metal body promises a trendy look and a sturdy design.
Cons – What’s not so good
• There is no LED notification option in Motorola Moto G5S. Thus, the user needs to click on the phone to check for notifications.
• Pictures clicked in low light appear grainy.
• The battery cannot be removed.
• The smartphone lacks a compass sensor.
• It tends to heat up when used for playing games or playing media files.