LG Q6 Plus Specifications
Keeping with the trend of minimal bezels and maximum display, LG launched the Q6 Plus in August of this year. The Q6+ (Q6 Plus) flaunts a 5.5” HD IPS LCD screen with a display resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels and 442 PPI.
• Physical Dimensions: 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1mm
• Weight: 149g
An octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor powers the Q6 Plus and it comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. The GPU unit on the device is the Adreno 505. Additionally, you can increase the storage space up to 2TB using an external microSD card.
Coming to the software, the Q6 Plus runs on Android 7.7.1 (Marshmallow) and sports a 3000 mAh battery. The connectivity options include GPS, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Hotspot. The primary camera of the Q6 Plus features a 13MP sensor with Face Detection, Digital Zoom, Auto Focus, Touch Focus and Video Recording. Coming to the secondary camera, the device has a 5MP sensor perfect for clicking selfies.
Now, let’s take a closer look at a few top features and highlights of the Q6 Plus.
• Full-Vision Display
The expansive 13.97 cm (5.5”) Full-HD screen gives you an immersive viewing experience. Whether you’re watching your favourite movies, catching up with your friends on video calls, or engaging in an intense game, the display offers you the best experience. With minimal bezels and no physical buttons, there’s nothing to distract you from your experience.
• Ease of one-handed Use
One of the significant drawbacks of big-screen phones is that they are bulky and difficult to operate one-handed. The slim design of the Q6 Plus (just 69.3 mm) makes it easy to use and hold. The flat display and minimal bezels reduce accidental touches that are quite annoying on other curved displays.
• Better Protection against Accidental Drops
The Q6 Plus features a durable metal frame covering all sides. The 7000 Series aluminium frame reinforced by “H Beam” offers you the best protection from falls and other impacts, thereby reducing the damage to your handset.
• Unlock your device with a Smile
The Q6 Plus puts an end to typing passcodes, drawing patterns or scanning your fingerprint to unlock your device. It comes with an all-improved face recognition technology that scans your facial features to unlock your device quickly. What more, this all-new feature is highly secure and protects your device from snooping intruders and keep your data safe and secure.
• Wide Selfie Camera perfect for group Selfies
Have you ever tried to squeeze in your gang of friends for the perfect selfie, only ending up chopping the heads of a few? No more! With the Q6 Plus, you can shoot selfies that span a wide 100-degree angle. This not only captures your entire gang but also includes your surroundings. You can alternate between wide angle for group selfies and switch to standard angle for portraits.
• Square Camera Modes
This is one of the features that are present exclusively in select LG devices. You can click fun, Instagram-worthy square images that will keep the likes rolling in. Unleash your creativity with several modes like Grid shot, Snapshot; Guide shot and Match Shot.
• Sleek, seamless Design
The Q6 Plus flaunts one of the best sleek designs in all Smartphones. The minimalistic design, with a fully extended screen, rounded corners and no annoying camera bumps offers you the best usage experience. The device is a pleasure to hold and operate and doesn’t cause unnecessary strain on your hands.
Pros: What’s Good?
• Metal side frames and glossy, high-end plastic add to the overall aesthetics of the device, making it a stunner.
• Full-vision display which moves the screen from the standard aspect ratio of 16:9 to 18:9, thereby enhancing the viewing experience.
• Battery life is pretty good and easily lasts for more than a day, even with heavy usage.
• Wide viewing angles and excellent sunlight legibility make it easy to use the device even outdoors, under direct sunlight.
• Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protects the display, thereby keeping it free from scratches and dents.
Cons: What could have been better?
• Absence of a notification LED light
• No support for the modern USB Type-C port
• The selfie camera struggles in low-light
• The speaker is mounted on the back, thereby impacting audio volumes
• Absence of a fingerprint sensor