Lenovo K6 Note 32 GB with 4 GB RAM Specifications
Just like many other Chinese smartphone manufacturers, Lenovo too is witnessing a widespread popularity in India. The company is on a launching spree and is releasing mobile phones across different price ranges in rapid succession. In the year 2016 alone, the company launched a number of budget smartphones like Lenovo K6 Power, Lenovo K6, and Vibe K5 before launching K6 Note in September of 2016.
The company only wanted to sell the new release through offline channels, but the handset is now easily available online too. The phone has gone through heavy promotions in Tier I and Tier II cities in India where there is an increasing demand for budget phones with decent specifications. Apart from its 5.5-inches display, Qualcomm octa-core processor, fingerprint scanner, and a reasonable price tag, the company is also promoting the Dolby Atmos surround sound and TheaterMax virtual reality technology in the phone.
Lenovo K6 Note Build and Design
Lenovo K6 Note measures 151 x 76 x 8.4mm and weighs 169 grams. It has capacitive navigation buttons without backlight below the display on the front. The phone features power button and volume rockers on the right with a hybrid SIM slot on the left. The audio jack is at the top of the phone, and at the bottom, there are two speaker grilles and a micro-USB port. The phone has a metal unibody design which offers good grip and makes the device look sturdy.
K6 Note has a 5.5-inches IPS LCD capacitive display with 16M colours. It has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and a pixel density of ~401 PPI. The display is sharp and offers bright and crisp visuals and text. Even the brightness outdoors is decent. However, the display is not protected by Gorilla Glass or any other strengthened glass. Lenovo also has its own version of the ‘Night Mode’ found in a lot of phones known as ‘Brightness Protection’ which is great for using the handset in low lighting conditions.
• Camera and Other Features
Lenovo K6 Note has a 16MP rear camera with dual LED flash and phase detection autofocus. The camera offers a host of features like touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, panorama, and HDR. There is also slow and fast motion features to decrease or increase the speed of the subject. The secondary camera is of 8MP and takes excellent selfies in daylight as well as artificial or low-lighting conditions.
Inside Lenovo K6 Note
• Processor and OS
K6 Note is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset and an octa-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.4GHz. There is also an Adreno 505 GPU to amp up the visual performance. The phone runs on Android Marshmallow with the Vibe Pure UI from Lenovo on top. The UI offers the same set of features including some of the most popular ones like dual apps, fingerprint app lock and fingerprint snap which enables you to use the fingerprint scanner as a shutter button to take pictures.
The phone has an inbuilt storage of 32GB and a 4GB RAM. The storage can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. However, there is no dedicated slot for memory card, and you’ll have to use one of the SIM slots for the same.
• Other Features
Lenovo K6 Note comes with the TheaterMax technology which was first introduced in Vibe K4 Note. Users have to buy the ANT VR headset which is very reasonably priced to enjoy movies and games with a field view of 100-degree. The phone also features a fingerprint scanner at the back which works as advertised. The audio output is enhanced by Dolby Atmos which surely makes a significant difference.
The phone is powered by a 4,000mAh Li-Po non-removable battery which offers a talk time of up to 46 hours on 2G network and up to 31 hours on 3G network. The standby time is up to 600 hours on 2G and 3G network. It also offers a host of connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS micro USB 2.0and FM Radio.
Pros and Cons
• Vibrant display- The 5.5-inches IPS LCD is one of the highlights of the phone and offers an amazing visual experience.
• Support for ANT VR- with the help of TheaterMax technology, the phone supports ANT VR headset which is very easy to use and offers a great VR experience.
• Great audio output- K6 Note uses Dolby Atmos technology for improved audio output.
• 4GB RAM- The 4GB RAM in the phone makes it a great choice for people who love multitasking.
• Impressive battery life- The 4,000mAh battery in the phone offers impressive talk time, video playback and standby time.
• The front camera is not very appealing- The front 8MP camera is not as good as the rear camera especially when taking pictures in low-lighting conditions.
• No quick charge- With cheaper phones now supporting the quick charge, this is surely a big drawback of K6 Note.
• No protective glass- The display of the phone is not protected by Corning Gorilla Glass or any other strengthened glass.
• Hybrid SIM slot- There is no dedicated slot for memory card, and you’ll have to sacrifice a SIM card slot to expand the storage.
• Earphones are not very good- While the audio output of the device is great, the included earphones could have been better.