Apple iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB Specifications
The Apple iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB hits the sweet spot in the latest line-up from Apple. Bigger screen, faster processing capacity, dual cameras, Augmented Reality experiences, – the iPhone 8 Plus has a lot going on.
If you don’t want to take a leap of faith to the Face ID of iPhone X and prefer to stick to the familiar home button and fingerprint ID or if cost is an issue, then the iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB offers you the best of both worlds.
What to Expect?
Display and Design
The screen size of iPhone 8 Plus looks similar to the iPhone 7 Plus, but a bit heavier. It sports a 5.5” LCD Retina HD Display that has been enhanced by TrueTone Technology. The True Tone offers better white balance, full-colour gamut, and a 3D touch.
It’s when you flip over the phone, that you can see the major design change. The iPhone 8 Plus has highly durable glass panels both on the front and back. The oleophobic coating keeps away smudges and fingerprints. It is water and dust resistant.
Security and Cameras
The Touch ID home button sits at the bottom of the screen. You can unlock your phone, access secure apps and make payment with your fingerprint.
The iPhone 8 Plus flaunts a wide-angle and telephoto 12 Mp rear camera. It has optical image stabilisation, extensive colour capture, advanced pixel processing, better HDR and faster autofocus. The portrait mode helps you to capture sharper details with natural background blurring. The front camera is a 7 Mp FaceTime HD camera with Retina flash, AIS, wide colour capture and advanced pixels.
Processor and OS
The all-new hexa-core A11 Bionic processor powers the iPhone 8 Plus and offers 25% faster CPU and 30% faster GPU. It has two cores dedicated for high-performance tasks, while the other four focus on regular tasks that don’t demand much power.
The iPhone 8 Plus sports a 2675 mAh non-removable battery, which is 225 mAh lesser than the iPhone 7 Plus. However, thanks to the ultra-efficient A11 Bionic Chip, the device is highly power-efficient, and you aren’t likely to run out of power during a typical day. Additionally, it supports quick charging meaning you can get up to 50% power within half-an-hour.
• Wireless Charging: The glass back allows for wireless charging using a Qi-compatible charging mat. Apple plans to introduce the AirPower, a wireless charging mat in 2018.
• Louder, more Dynamic Sound: The iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB features redesigned stereo speakers that offer 25% more booming sounds and deeper bass. You can now enjoy rich and loud music and calls.
• Advanced Videos: The iPhone 8 Plus can record 4K videos, slow-motion 1080p video, and timelapse videos.
• Augmented Reality: The smart A11 Bionic processor offers seamless and realistic AR apps and games.
Key Technical Specifications
• A11 Bionic chip with Neural Engine and 64-bit architecture
• 5.5” HD Retina True Tone Display
• Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
• Front Camera: 7 Mp; Rear Camera: Dual 12 Mp
• Stereo Speakers
• IP67 Dust and Water Resistant
• Battery Usage Time: Up to 21 hours
Pros: The Good
• The A11 Bionic processor offers stellar performance and is one of the most efficient processors right now
• Wireless charging is a great way to use the device without the clutter of wires
• Solid battery life that retains power for a whole day
• Impeccable camera with several new portrait and video options
• Solid Build that doesn’t disappoint
Cons: The Bad
• The bigger screen size with a slight increase in weight makes it a bit difficult to hold
• Not completely water resistant as some of its counterparts
• The design feels a tired and nothing revolutionary
• Missing headphone jack
• Not completely waterproof, just water resistant