The Apple iPhone 6s was launched in September 2015. Although, it is more than two years old phone, it is still a hot favourite among smarthphone freaks. It flaunts a 4.7” Retina screen with a display resolution of 750 x 1334 and 326 PPI. It’s powered by 2GB Ram and has a 1715 mAh non-removable battery.
• Size: 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 inches
• Weight: 143 grams
It packs a 12 Mp rear camera and a 5 Mp front camera, with auto-focus, digital zoom, backside illumination, noise reduction, auto image stabilisation, True Tone flash and face detection.
The iPhone 6s is capable of running iOS 11, the latest OS from Apple. It’s a single Sim Smartphone and accepts a Nano GSM sim. Connectivity options are 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-fi, and NFC. The sensors on the phone include Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope, Compass Magnetometer and Proximity Sensor.
• 3D Touch
The iPhone 6s is capable of recognising three levels of touch pressure, meaning users can perform different tasks based on the touch pressure applied. For instance, if you lightly tap an app, you can preview what it offers and press harder to open the apps.
• Motion Wallpapers
This device supports highly, elaborately, animated wallpapers that bring your phone alive.
• Robust Chassis
The iPhone 6s is made of durable 7000 Series Aluminium, which provides a strong and robust body. It’s to be noted that this is the same material used on the premium Apple smartwatches.
• Rose Gold Colour Variant
Apart from the gold, silver, and space grey models, there is another colour choice available – the Rose Gold. It’s similar to the gold variant but has a pinkish tinge to it.
• Great, performing cameras
The iPhone 6 flaunts two cameras that offer stellar performance and come loaded with a wide array of features. You can record 4K videos, and shoot selfie panoramas. Additionally, this device has a software-based flash that improves low-light photography.
• Live Photos
Apart from clicking photos, the iPhone 6s captures a brief video of the moment automatically. You can force touch any photo in the gallery to watch the short animation.
• Superior Performance
Apple’s A9 processor powers the iPhone 6s and it has tri-core architecture. With 2GB Ram, it offers fast GPU performance, thereby executing regular and heavy tasks seamlessly.
• Touch ID
You can unlock the device and access secure apps just by using your thumb. The Touch ID has an inbuilt fingerprint sensor that prevents your phone from being accessed by intruders.
You can activate Siri, just by saying “Hey Siri” even when the screen is off. Siri is the highly intelligent personal assistant from Apple, who helps you do a wide range of tasks with ease.
• Wi-Fi Assist
Weak Wi-Fi signal? No worries, just turn on Wi-Fi assist, which helps you use your mobile data, whenever your Wi-Fi signal becomes weak. Switch back to Wi-Fi automatically, when the signal strength is good.
• 7000-Series Aluminium Body and Ion-X Glass Screen
The casing for the iPhone 6s is made from 7000-Series aluminium which is highly sturdy and robust when compared to previous models. The ION-X Screen puts an end to scratches, providing you with a crystal, clear display free of superficial scratches.
• Processor: A9 with embedded M9 Motion Co-processor
• RAM: 2 GB
• Internal Storage: 32 GB
• Display: 4.7” Retina HD Display
• OS: iOS 11
• Camera: 12 MP rear-facing camera and 5 MP FaceTime camera
• Video Recording: 4K video at 30 fps
• External Buttons: Touch ID Sensor, Volume Up/Down keys, Ring/Silent, On/Off
• Battery Capacity: 1715 mAh
Pros and Cons
• Superior cameras that give you stunning looking everyday photos
• 3D Touch is highly intuitive and makes navigation a breeze
• The A9 processor is fast and supports efficient multitasking
• The small size makes it convenient for one-handed use
• Affordable price, when compared to the latest models
• Cameras lack optical zoom and optical image stabilisation
• Few users may find the 32 GB available space restrictive
• Rounded edges make this model prone to accidental drops
• Screen relatively low-resolution when compared to the newer models
• Familiar design that might appear boring to a few